A photo by me
Stars shine brightly in the dark night sky
The same stars guide the soul within you to the right place
Stars give people hope that their own lives can shine brighter,
like a star on a blanket of sorrow and pain.
Drama and relationships can come and go,
they may cover you with a dark blanket of melancholy.
But remember your life will always have something or another that will shine brighter than a star
Here’s a really amazing recipe for some Banana and Egg pancakes
- First, peel and put all of the bananas in a bowl.
2. Mash all of the bananas into a liquidy paste.
3. Add all of the eggs and whisk thoroughly.
4. Cook like normal pancakes.
5. Enjoy with syrup, honey or agave nectar.
Here is one recipe to keep
Here is the recipe to some really awesome bread pudding!
Try this bread pudding whenever you want, it really only takes 5 minutes of prep.
Have it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or chilled 🙂
Both ways it is still just as delicious
5 Cups of Bread ( I like them torn/cut into 1inx1in cubes)
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 Cups of Milk
1/4 Cup of Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Put all of the bread into a casserole dish. (In my opinion, the shallower and bigger dishes work better because they allow the dish to cook faster and to get a slightly crisp top, that I LOVE)
Then mix all of the remaining ingredients and pour over the bread
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
I really wanted to take a minute to reflect on what I am thankful for and to appreciate what I have.
- The Dan Fam (My wonderful and extra supportive family) – I am grateful for everyone in my family. They might not be perfect, but they are amazing and I don’t know what life would be like without them
- My quirky and awesome friends – These people are an important part of my life and have really impacted my life in a major way. They have been there for me, they laugh with me, they cry with me and they are almost always with me.
- Education – The power that education has given me power that can not be compared to many other things other than the next thing on this list. My education has given me the ability to pursue my dreams.
- My Voice – My voice gives me the power to do what I want to and to believe what I want to. My voice has given me the power to speak out about the numerous injustices taking place in today’s society, such as gun violence and powerful people stating that global warming doesn’t exist. On the flip side, my voice has also given me the power to express my support for things that I would like to share with my peers.
- My Community – I am eternally grateful for being apart of a community filled with kind and diverse people that inspire me on a daily basis.
- The Segal Lab at UC Davis – Over this past summer, I have gotten an amazing opportunity to work alongside brilliant researchers and learn more about medical research and what it entails. This experience has inspired me to become a physician-scientist and to try to change the world not only one patient at a time, but also to discover a cure or therapy to help thousands.
- Food – I think that everyone who has food is lucky, and should be grateful for it. But I am especially grateful for my mother’s delicious Indian chole and tandoori!
- Teachers – I really do appreciate all of the teachers that I have, because of the fact that most of them really do care about me and my education. I am especially thankful for my bio and environmental sciences teachers! Both of these teachers have
- Life – I appreciate the life that I have, and everything that I have done with it.
- Opportunities – I appreciate every opportunity that I have ever been given, and everything I have been able to do with my life.
- Mistakes – I am thankful for some of the mistakes that I have made and seen because they have given me the opportunity to learn from past mistakes
If you feel like you don’t belong, just take a deep breath and talk and/or write it out.
This may just seem like the most tedious thing ever that has absolutely no point what so ever, but I urge you to just listen. I for one have been a people-pleaser my whole life, and I have always tried my best to mold myself to some I might not be for the pleasure of others. I have spent too much time trying to look like someone I don’t want to be, join activities that I’ve wanted to be a part of or even just try to blend in. All of these have one thing in common; These activities made me feel insignificant and put me through torture. I never gained anything from it, and I’m pretty sure that I never will. After bending over backwards trying to make people happy, I just crashed and burned on the inside. I felt like most of the people around me don’t know me and who I am on the inside. And at this point in life, I’m pretty sure that I am not the only one who feels this way. This has taught me to put my all into whatever I am currently doing and to just be happy. There is no point dwelling on the past. Instead, I think we should look to better ourselves and fix our mistakes in the future.
Now moving on from my mindless and personal babble, here’s what I really wanted to tell you: Do what makes you happy and not what makes others happy. This may seem like a meaningless quote, but it really is a rule to live by. Live your life the way you want to live it. Don’t be bossed around and controlled by the people around you, even if they are your friends, your family, your employer or whoever else you might have in your life. Because in the long run, they will not matter. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, just email me at email@example.com, it only takes as long as you want it to take, and I can promise you that just the act of venting can and will help.
I truly hope that you can take a minute out of your day and think about life and the control you have over it.
Most people think that fudge is really hard to make and consists of a lot of different steps. But over the past few years, I have found and perfected an easy and delicious fudge recipe that can complete in less than 15 minutes. This recipe calls for 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 (14-ounce) can of condensed milk, a little bit of butter and 1/2 tsp of instant coffee powder to really add a little depth and to amp up the chocolate. One of the best parts of this is that you can really be creative, for example, you can choose to make this with white chocolate, make a marbled fudge, add nuts, add different flavors like butterscotch. This is an amazing recipe for anyone who loves chocolate, has 15 minutes. So keep reading if you would like a recipe for this amazing fudge!
Continue reading “The Easiest Fudge Recipe – It Tastes Amazing!”