Have you ever been to the gym and beaten yourself up (even the slightest bit) about how you wished you could be fitter? Have you ever uber bad for yourself after looking a friend and their success on a test or class? Have you ever just felt bad for no reason after comparing yourself to another person?
Due to times we live in and the world around us, it seems as though everyone is comparing themselves to other people. And unfortunately, I am a very big culprit of this! The purpose of this post is to help as many people as possible (including myself) to stop this. Our society as a whole needs to learn where to draw the line on how and when we should compare ourselves to others. This is quite a difficult task, because there is a very fine line between the good and the bad. There are indeed some instances where one should indeed compare themselves to others, but usually the main purpose of this should be motivation and inspiration. The moment the comparison makes you feel even the slightest bit bad about yourself, is probably an indicator that things might take a turn for the worst.
Call to action!: To help combat this problems society, do your best to be able to look at someone you wish to be like and truly compliment, and then if possible ask them for good advice on how you can improve! This may seem hard and pointless, but it truly will help you succeed in life. This can increase positivity, encourage growth, provide inspiration and develop new relationships!
(Yay if you know what this clock is referrring to)
Throughout my life my parents have always repeated the words “Time lost can never be be gained” This may sound uber ominous and dark, but in reality this is an essential truth that should be understood by most people (unless you create a time machine 😉 ), because this really can change how you think about your actions and the word around you. For example, this can (and probably should) affect your productivity, how you choose to spend your time and how you think about the future.
I just wanted to share this to help with the winter lazies , I’m not sure if there a real colloquial term for this, but I definitely suffer from it (LOL)
I really wanted to take a minute to reflect on what I am thankful for and to appreciate what I have.
- My wonderful and extra supportive family – I am grateful for everyone in my family. We might not be perfect, but they are amazing and I don’t know what life would be like without them
- My quirky and awesome friends – These people are an important part of my life, and have really impacted my life in a major way. They have been there for me, they laugh with me, they cry with me and they are almost always with me.
- Education – The power that education has given me power that can not be compared to many other things other than the next thing on this list.
- My Voice – My voice gives me the power to do what I want to and to believe what I want to.
- My Body – The vessel that allows me to do what I do.
- My Community – Filled with a plethora of different kinds of people that inspire me every single day
- Food – I think that everyone who has food is lucky, and should be grateful for it
- Special Moments – This doesn’t just describe 1 special moments but a bunch of moments that really did change me to my core
- Teachers – I really do appreciate all of the teachers that I have, because of the fact that most of them really do care about me and my education.
- Life – I appreciate the life that I have, and everything that I have done with it.
- Opportunities – I appreciate every opportunity that I have ever been given, and everything I have been able to do with my life.
- Mistakes – I am thankful for some of the mistakes that I have made and seen, because they have given me the opportunity learn from past mistakes
“We are all fools in love”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Happy Holidays! I hope you guys are enjoying the holidays.
As a teenager with a little too much time (LOL I wish that was true – more like procrastination is something that definitely affects me) on her hands, I try to spend a lot of time doing things such as baking, knitting, exercising, reading, etc. ; but when i don’t feel like doing any of those, I can almost always turn to watching TV to provide entertainment. And throughout the years, I have definitely created a list of shows and movies that I have grown to love and hold near and dear to my heart. So I decided to dedicate a whole post to movies and TV shows that you should definitely check out right now!
Continue reading “Movies and Shows You Should Check Out”
After having an interesting dew month, I thought that I really needed to make a list of goals so that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, and how I should proceed. So, my list is made of seriously and quirky things I would like to achieve at some point in my life
- Get in to a university with a good biology, neuroscience or bio-engineering program
- Get to know myself really well
- Start working out everyday
- Read one new book every month (That is NOT school related in any way)
- Learn how to make perfect macaroons (:
- Get into my dream med school
- Become an orthopedic Surgeon, a neurosurgeon , or an OB/GYN who also does a lot of research
- Change someone else’s life in a positive manner
- Become a really good and confident driver
- Be confident 24/7
- Achieve my ideal body
Comment down below with some of your life goals!
Welcome to the Sixteenth Installment of Ten Quote Tuesday by Me (Pavster2017)
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger
“Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
“If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” – Katy Perry
“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
“It’s not about how hard you can hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa, Rocky
“You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Ronald Dahl
“You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” – Tim Gunn
“Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” – Bryce Courtenay
“If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker